* Chairing Academic Meetings (Doctoral Candidates & Postdocs+)
31. January 2023
Time: 09:00 am - 02:00 pm
Trainer: Dr. Eva Reichmann
Qualification Area: Communication, writing, presenting and publishing -in science, Science Communication
Registration: 15 December 2022 until 24 January 2023
Deregistration: until 24 January 2023
for members of the University of Bayreuth Graduate School via BayDOC
for Postdocs+ (= postdocs, habilitation candidates and junior professors (with and without tenure track) & junior research group leaders between habilitation and junior professorship) via WiN-UBT portal
From faculty meetings to project meetings, research committees to team meetings - meetings are a regular feature of university life. Another typical task for academia is to chair a conference session at a scientific conference. Possible outcomes and efficiency depend highly on a well-prepared Chairperson. To be efficient as a Chairperson needs diplomatic, communicative and leadership skills.
The workshop will prepare you for a role and the tasks of a moderator by focusing on the effective preparation for meetings and communication and facilitation techniques. Challenging topics, e.g. the handling and respecting of different levels of hierarchy or difficult communication will also be covered.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to
- prepare effectively for a meeting (including creating an effective agenda)
- manage a meeting to ensure objectives are achieved
- ensure meetings and minutes meet the needs of all participants
- Dr. Eva Reichmann advises junior scientists nationwide on career planning issues and supports higher education institutions in the training of junior executives.
- Owner of beruf & leben GbR
*Creditability within the kick-off seminar
For reasons of respect and fairness towards all participants and the workshop leaders, participants who miss more than 10% of the workshop are considered not to be present. You will therefore not receive a certificate and you will not be able to use the workshop in question to unlock funds or acquire further qualifications.